IFT 2017 is right around the corner and this year there will be a lot of great products and companies at the event...But with nearly 1200 exhibitors at IFT it can be difficult to find the companies that could truly transform your business and take your company to the next level. This is why we put together a list of some of the most interesting innovations, companies and sessions that will be at IFT this year.
1. Organic Bitter BlockerAre you looking to reduce the amount of sugar in your product while maintaining a clean label? Well MycoTechnology has discovered the world's first certified organic bitter blocker called ClearTaste® which is helping companies reduce their sugar content by blocking bitterness. One of the primary reasons sugar is added to foods is to cover up flavor defects, with ClearTaste companies can drastically reduce their sugar content by managing flavor profiles. You can find out how ClearTaste is helping companies reduce their sugar content by up to 100% in some applications. MycoTechnology will be at booth 1982 and will be demoing a hibiscus pomegranate stevia beverage made by the beverage formulation experts, Imbibe. The beverage is meant to show how ClearTaste can remove the bitter metallic aftertaste of stevia so companies can finally use a natural alternative sweetener system.
2. Shiitake Fermented ProteinThe number one issue facing the alternative protein market is taste and aroma. If your protein does not taste good no one will want to come back for a second helping. Well MycoTechnology has also developed a unique fermentation process that uses shiitake mushrooms to solve these deficiencies through a natural fermentation process that removes the undesirable aspects of plant based proteins while enhancing with the nutritional qualities of Shiitake mushrooms. The result is a slightly savory, complete vegan protein, that is highly digestible, with the nutritional characteristics unlike any other plant based protein on the market. You can find MycoTechnology at booth 1982. [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mwBaavDho[/embedyt]
3. Rice Flour Increasing Shelf Life and StabilityHaving a product that can stay on the shelf for a long periods of time is critical for new product development but... shelf life and clean label often do not go hand and hand. And with more and more consumers aware of what they are eating it is critical to find a way to increase shelf life while maintaining a clean label. Well the folks over at Ingredion have found a way for companies to use "rice flour" while adding robust functionality, stability and shelf life. And with the nutritional label only requiring rice flour you can be sure that your customers will be at ease. The rice flour will be available to food manufacturers in the United States, Canada and Asia-Pacific following IFT 2017. You can find Ingredion at booth 2056 Also download a copy of their rice flour brochure here:
4. Preserving Flavor Through DryingYou have spent months with your flavor company in order to perfect the flavor profile of your new product but there is just one problem... When you scaled up your production process the flavor was completely destroyed... Drying tends to be quite damaging to flavors so how do you protect your product to ensure that your customers are getting the best experience possible. Well Clextral has made a breakthrough in its drying technology which claims to enhance the flavor and functionality of powdered foods. This could be a major breakthrough that would have a significant impact in a wide range of food products. You can find them at booth 2698 [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_dFxY6W-I[/embedyt]
5. Push the Limits of Shelf Life in Dairy BeveragesIncreasing the shelf life particularly in dairy beverage applications can be quite difficult. Especially when compounded with high protein and fat content. The solutions that have previously been available are not particularly friendly to your label... If you are a beverage developer you should definitely check out the Ticaloid Pro 192 line developed by Tic Gums. You can find them at booth 1050.
6. Plant Based Natural Color Line
Color can make or break a product... Ever heard that you eat with your eyes? Well its true... Color can make a product more sweet, sour, salty, or bitter. Color can manipulate our perception of foods and our experience with them.
But now a days consumers want their colors to come from natural sources.Naturex has one of the most extensive lines of plant based colors. Their unique expertise in plant based ingredients and toll manufacturing make them ideal in developing products that your customer will actually enjoy. You can find them at booth 2457 and be sure to download a copy of brochure here [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aauqXhluvs[/embedyt]